10,000 Steps

Today I am grateful for a clean house, food in the refrigerator, and a roof over our heads. I am also grateful for the 10,000 steps I took yesterday.

Some days I wear a pedometer to track my steps. I will put it on the morning and wear it throughout the day. I might wear it on a day I am taking a run, but I typically wear it on a day I am not running and give myself a goal of 10,000 steps.

Here are some of the ways I reached that goal of 10,000 steps yesterday:

*I walked Oliver (our dog) several times
*I made many trips up and down the stairs while cleaning and vacuuming
*I made several more trips on those same stairs while doing laundry
*when I ran errands, I parked farther from my destinations
*I did some shopping and walked the aisles of the store
*my husband, son, and I took a short walk to a local restaurant for dinner

I am a little obsessive about my step count when I wear my pedometer, but I call it a healthy obsession. I will gladly take some extra steps to add to my count. It all also adds to my gratitude list. Being able-bodied and alive, walking with ease and pain-free, having a house to clean, appliances that work, clothes to wash, a dog we love, family I love and have near, money to shop with, a car to run errands and carry purchases in. The list goes on.

And in those 10,000 steps, one of my favorite reminders. Life is lived one day at a time. Steps are taken one at a time.

Comments