New Roads

Today I am grateful for time with my family and the laughter, conversations, walks, and food shared that went with our time together.    
    
I am also grateful for the new roads that come along in life. Some we choose, some we don't. Some we build ourselves, some are already there for us. And sometimes new roads disguise themselves as something else until we realize we are where we are supposed to be.

My niece Morgan and her new husband Trevor chose the road of marriage and started down it on Saturday. They had a beautiful outdoor ceremony with a stunning backdrop. Take a look:


Their vows were sincere, the music touching, the whole ceremony heartfelt. It was an all-around pleasant celebration and evening. I am grateful I was able to be there and that I saw many of my family members I don't get to see often. Congratulations and best wishes Morgan and Trevor!

Other new roads I encountered over the weekend were ones I ran on that I hadn't set foot on before and a road around the pond near my mom's farm that many of us enjoyed walking together more than once over the weekend. 

Gratitude practice helps me see new roads that open up. It also helps me build some of my own new roads by building a better perception. Not all new roads are easy to travel, but they always bring new scenery in the form of challenges and growth of the emotional and spiritual variety. More on that tomorrow. 

Comments