The Next Generation

Today I am grateful for a phone call from my stepson Arthur and a visit with my niece Katie.

These two fine young people are members of the next generation and they give me hope. Of course I am biased, but the way they live their lives and the ways they are helping others are encouraging to me. Arthur shares a message of the importance of good nutrition in an overall healthy lifestyle. Katie supports and coaches other women in their pursuit to feel and be healthier. Thanks for your work you two. Keep it up!

Arthur called me after receiving a gratitude letter from me. I am touched by the impact one of my actions had on him at a difficult time in both of our lives. He said it continues to inspire him and that touches me deeply.

Katie is visiting before I take her to the airport this morning. I have 25 nieces and nephews on my side of the family. A sadness for me is that I don't know any of them as well as I would like to. But Katie and I have a good connection and I really appreciate that. She and her husband were part of the inspiration that started Darcy and I on our marathon path. That has made a huge difference in our lives and I will always be grateful to Katie and Danny for helping ignite that spark. Read more about that here.

I am tapped out today from a busy work week, but feeling thankful for the next generation coming up and what they are going to bring to the world. I know I mentioned yesterday that I would talk more about my mastectomy scars today. I will save that for tomorrow.

Have a good and grateful day!



Comments