Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I am grateful for the insights and peace gained from gratitude practice. I am also grateful for fond memories of family Thanksgiving celebrations growing up and for my mom's dressing.

The quote in my gratitude journal from November 24 seems particularly fitting today:

"Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse."  (Henry Van Dyke)

Follow the impulse. Give thanks. Inward and outward.

Then yesterday I received this in an e-card from A Network for Grateful Living (ANG*L) (www.gratefulness.org) and one of my favorite writers on the topic of gratitude:

"In the continuous flow of blessing, our hearts find meaning and rest."
(Brother David Steindl-Rast)

I would add that my soul and mind also find meaning and rest when I focus on blessings. Brother David also talks about gratefulness as the great fullness of life.

All I know is that when I give focus to the blessings in my life, when I take time to pause and notice the little things, I feel better. I think better. I see better.

Happy Thanksgiving! I will be back blogging next week.


Comments