Clouds

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy's patience with me and a phone conversation with my friend Sheila. I am also grateful for clouds and what they remind us of and teach us.

While we were traveling recently, I was enjoying sitting in the passenger seat as we made our way through part of my home state of Iowa. I was particularly taken by the high, fluffy clouds against the clear blue sky. They beckoned and mesmerized. They were relaxing. They were those kind of clouds.

But there can also be storm clouds, dark and menacing. We know the difference because the color and the light change. Storm clouds aren't relaxing, they are concerning.

Both types of clouds bear watching, but for different reasons.

I have been noticing the clouds in the sky more since that time in the car a few weeks ago. Noticing their majesty, their height, their ever-evolving nature. We have had nice weather and friendly clouds for what seems like weeks.

Life teaches us that the skies won't always be clear, that the clouds won't always be friendly.

Yet, it also teaches us that the dark, menacing clouds always clear out with time.

Appreciating the fair-weather clouds. Having strength and patience while the menacing clouds linger and then pass.

Gratitude helps me recognize the lessons in all types of clouds, both the literal and the figurative ones.

Comments