Snow Day!

Today I am grateful for nature's beauty and a bonus snow day yesterday. I am also grateful for open lines of communication with family and friends.

My school rarely has a snow day, nor does my son's. A storm has to be bad enough or timed right.Yesterday it was both. My stepdaughter Emily's school is more likely to close, and they did too. We probably ended up with about 10 inches of snow. We also had a house full, with my stepson Arthur and his fiance Alyssa being here. But that afforded opportunities for family time and conversations that wouldn't have happened if all of our plans hadn't changed.

Sam and I did some shoveling together and then he played in the snow piles for awhile like he used to do.The "kids" had a chance to head to Target and lunch at Subway together. The snow stopped and the roads improved, so Emily and Alyssa headed out for some shopping and bonding time. I got a short nap in. Arthur and I had some conversation about the big events coming up in his life-marriage and grad school/internship. Darcy and Arthur headed to the Y to work out together. 

Just quality time together. Nothing major. Nothing fancy. Just time together.

Comments