Quiet

Today I am grateful for the changing light as dawn arrives, and for the few minutes I can enjoy this change as I sit on our front patio.

Happy birthday wishes to my friend and co-worker Kelly today. Welcome to your forties!

Today I choose quiet. Is quiet a feeling?  I believe so. Quiet can be experienced and felt. It can be absorbed and appreciated.

Quiet is an important part of my day. At least I strive to make it so. I usually get good doses of quiet in the early mornings and that helps set the tone for my day. But quiet can be elusive and fleeting, so I continue to seek it throughout my day. When I remember.

That is when quiet as a feeling is helpful. If I am feeling frazzled and overthinking, I am not quiet. If I want to return to calm quiet, I need to pause, to refocus. It can still be noisy and busy around me. Most importantly, I pause to quiet my own self, mind, heart, soul. I may pause in a brief prayer. Or take a mindful minute to breathe in and breathe out. Or literally take a step outside.

And then onward we go into the next moments and hours. Keep it simple. Keep it quiet. 

Comments