Some Potential and a Blog Break

Today I am grateful for ears that help me hear the wonders of the world, big and small. I am also grateful for the feel of my fingers on a keyboard as I compose words.

My goal yesterday of taking the day one interaction at a time got off to a good start. Then the day got away from me and I was less mindful as I went from interaction to interaction. That happens. Life happens. But if I can extend the mindfulness further into my day than usual, or return to it after a lapse, I am making progress.

I did get to wind my day down yesterday with some mindful interaction though when our grandson Leo came for his first visit to our house. To just sit and hold him and look into his precious little face and hear his little baby noises was a great way to regroup after a very busy day.

I came across this quote recently:

"We have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but today is overflowing with potential." 
(Allan Lokos)

Yesterday was full of potential for me to take interactions one at a time and stay present. That potential was only partially realized, but at least it was a goal, a focus. That makes all of the difference.

Most days we don't reach our full potential, but if it is overflowing, we don't need to. I can be too much in the "all or nothing" thinking and potential doesn't work that way. Potential gives and keeps giving if we keep working. It doesn't go away when we take a break or walk away, it waits for us to come back and resume our efforts. 

Today's potential can take me many places. It takes me to better places when I am practicing gratefulness and mindfulness.

I will be taking a blog break for a few days. I encourage you to go back and read some of my earlier posts. There are plenty of them. Have a good day! 

Comments