Grandpa and Grandma

Today I am grateful for sleep, a good cup of coffee, and the new role of grandparents for my husband and I.

Grandpa and Grandma. We are getting used to those titles and we are enjoying it. I wasn't going to share pictures but I just couldn't resist. Here is Leo with each of us when he was just a couple hours old. What a peanut! I forgot how tiny newborns are. Precious and fragile. Just like life.


Within 30 seconds of meeting Darcy, I knew he had children and that they were a big part of his life. I like that in a man. He has always been a wonderful, stable, and consistent father and now he gets to branch out as a grandparent. He is instinctively protective and loving. His own Grandpa Matt was a key figure in his life.

Coincidentally, my paternal grandfather also had the name Leo. My maternal grandpa died before I was born. I have only vague memories of my grandmothers, as they died before I was 6. I remember my Grandpa Leo the best. We would go visit him in town after church on Sundays and he had a candy dish on the table. He apparently had mellowed out from his younger days and I just remember a tall man with gray hair and dark-rimmed glasses who liked to play cards. But I am grateful for those memories.


We look forward to embracing the new roles and to embracing our little grandson as he grows.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. He sure is! I forgot how tiny newborns are and how quickly they change and grow.

      Delete

Post a Comment