Bits of Beauty

Today I am grateful for the first cup of morning coffee and for the promise of spring.

As I moved through my day yesterday, I looked for bits of beauty as suggested by Lisa Bonchek Adams in her frequent tweet that I also shared yesterday:

"Find a bit of beauty in the world today. Share it. If you can't find it, create it. 
Some days this will be hard to do. Persevere." 

Some of the bits of beauty I found included:
  • the sun shining on our dining room table
  • the blue sky against the still-naked trees
  • our dog Oliver's loving face
  • a "morning" greeting from my son Sam
  • appreciating being able to go up and down stairs
  • melting snow and running water
  • shared laughter
  • the aroma of dinner cooking
  • playing baseball catch with Sam
  • a refreshing drink of water
  • the smell of spring dirt
  • a walk with my husband Darcy and stepdaughter Emily
I didn't have to look hard. I just had to look. Pause. Breathe. Be still. Look.
It's that simple and it's that profound. Today I will keep looking but also work
on creating some bits of beauty to add to the world. 

Comments