Early Mornings

Today I am grateful for smooth-writing pens. I am also grateful for my dad and the difference he made in my life.

I always think of my dad on this day, February 28, his birthday.
We miss you and we love you.

Early mornings are typically my favorite time of the day. The house is quiet. I am refreshed from sleeping. I have always been a morning person. I don't see that changing. I enjoy the time with our dog Oliver, that first sip of coffee, a morning workout, and more.

When there is a lot to be done, whether work-related, family, writing or other, I will sometimes wake up earlier than my usual early. My brain engages and starts ticking off all the things I need to do, and the sleeping is pretty much done. There have been many mornings like that this school year, and most days this week were like that. I like my early mornings, but too many of them exhaust me.

I am a little exhausted and tapped out this morning, but one thing gratitude practice allows me is enough energy to face a new day with hope and appreciate it for what it is-the present, the only thing we really have.

What is your favorite time of the day? Why are you grateful for it?

Comments