"In the morning, I wake up . . . "

Today I am grateful for working heat in my car. I am also grateful for the new day ahead, and for the opportunities that await me, one hour at a time.

This was the quote in my gratitude journal today:

"I'm grateful for the opportunity to live on this beautiful and astonishing planet Earth. In the morning, I wake up with a sense of gratitude."  (Earl Nightingale)

This morning, I woke up early and tired. I had a work event last evening and have presentations to give to middle school students today. Between thinking about those two, my sleep was far from peaceful.

I begin each day with some gratitude focus and intentional practice. If I don't wake up with a sense of gratitude, I try to cultivate it early. There is more fertile ground for cultivating this morning, even in my tired state, because the presentations I am giving to students have to do with gratitude practice and related positive benefits. I am both curious how it will go and excited to be discussing these ideas with them.

I appreciate the reminder of "this beautiful and astonishing planet Earth" as well. I am but a small part of an amazing whole. But I am. I exist. Like the trees in our yard exist. Like the snow on the grass exists. It is humbling and inspiring all at once to consider nature and how everything flows.

And I close with being "being grateful for the opportunity to live."  If I wake up dreading the day, I am missing opportunities and zapping energy. If I wake up looking forward to the day, I seize opportunities and create energy.

I look forward to this day. I hope you are looking forward to it too. Have a good one!

Comments

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sridhar! I appreciate your comment and this wonderful journey gratitude practice is in daily life. It certainly helps build positive relationships with others. Have a good day and keep on keeping on.

      Delete

Post a Comment