A Beating Heart

Today I am grateful for my heart in both the literal and figurative senses. I am also grateful for safe commutes on a snowy day yesterday.

On this Veteran's Day, I am also grateful for all of those who have served our country, past and present.

I was reminded of my physically beating heart last evening as I exercised. With the weather taking a turn, I was indoors doing some high intensity exercises, jumping some rope, and basically getting the old heart rate up there. When I got done, I put my hand over my heart, and minus my breasts, I can feel it beating pretty well. It was really clipping along at first and then it slowed over the next minutes. What a blessing, to have a beating heart that works efficiently and effectively.

And I was reminded of my "heart" in terms of my passions, my loves, my direction in life. The people I love and who love me. The dreams I have. The passions I pursue in my running and writing. The faith and recovery that nurture both my heart and soul.

All this heart beats stronger with gratitude practice. Onward!

Comments