A Short List

Today I am grateful for working computers and enough outer layers to stay warm in our
cold early winter days.

I am keeping it simple today with a list of 4 things that gratitude practice helps me with:

1. It helps me stay calm when I get the grumbly teen attitude from my almost-teen son.
To be his mom is one of the greatest treasures in my life.

2. It helps me know when to say when. I can still overdo it and run myself ragged, but I think more in terms of gratitude for what has gotten done, not just that ever-growing "to do" list.

3. It helps me keep my mouth shut when to speak may not be a good idea. I caught myself a couple times with my husband yesterday. He may frustrate me at times, but I love him and our marriage is strong.

4. It helps me keep a better perspective on myself. I am and always will be a work in progress. Gratitude practice helps me appreciate the life experience I have, the mistakes I have learned from, and the self-love that has replaced the self-hatred (at least most of the time).

A short list, long on gratitude.

Comments