As Easy As 1, 2, 3

Today I am grateful for air to breathe and a roof over my head on a rainy day.

I know. I know. Yesterday it was simple, but not easy. Today it is as easy as 1, 2, 3. On most days, finding things to be grateful for is truly easy for me. I have developed, through habitual practice and application, a way of looking at life that points out the gifts around me. You can call it "an attitude of gratitude" but to me it is more readily known as paying attention.

As easy as 1, 2, 3 today means being grateful for the three males I live with: my husband Darcy, our son Sam, and our dog Oliver.

I love Darcy for many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that he puts up with me. That is not always an easy task for those closest to me. I love that we share common goals and have similar wishes for our future.

I love Sam because he teaches me so much about being a nurturing and patient mom. I am proud of him for becoming his own person with a unique personality. I am humbled to be a mother. There were many years I didn't know if I would have the opportunity for my own family.

I love Oliver because he grounds me, he reminds me that life is meant to be lived in the present and that naps are a good thing. I love Oliver because he loves us and because he is cuter than any other dog I have ever seen and because he can always make me smile.

As easy as 1, 2, 3 . . .  What's on your list today?

Comments

  1. Hi Lisa, The three guys you live with sound pretty wonderful. As the only female under your roof, do you ever feel outnumbered? I love all the beings under my roof, too, as well as the ones who have grown up and moved out. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you Nancy. My guys tend to help balance me out, but then again I grew up with 7 sisters and 5 brothers, so someone was often feeling outnumbered. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment