A Key, A Pulse, and a Scramble

I find myself grateful today for some random happenings that reminded me of humble and amazing grace.

Here are those random happenings, all within an hour this morning:

1. I have gotten in the habit of doing word puzzles on my phone every day. Sometimes I just do the daily puzzle, and sometimes I will do several. It has become a go-to in these last months when I need to turn the volume of thoughts down in my brain. I give thanks for this simple puzzle and the exercise of healthy thinking that it helps promote. 

2. As I was doing some of my targeted exercises, I rested my hands on my forehead, and the light was just right so that I could actually see the pulse in my wrist. I watched it for a moment, awed by the human body and thankful for the lifeblood flowing through me.

3. Then I got ready to take Oliver out for his walk. When I was set to leave, I couldn't find the house key we always use. I looked several places, pretty sure I had just seen the darn thing, and getting frustrated because I was wasting time and because that keychain holds special meaning and I didn't want to lose it. 

After checking several coat pockets, looking again in the usual places, and deciding to grab another key and at least get the dog out, where do you suppose the keychain turned up? It had gotten hidden under the pair of gloves I had put down while looking for the keys. 

I was relieved and I could laugh about it. I had not acted very graceful in the moments leading up to finding the key--just ask my husband Darcy who was witnessing my frustrating search and trying to help. But that's the thing about grace, it shows up unexpectedly, and often on the heels of some humility.

Where else is grace going to show up for you and I today? 

Comments