The Storm

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the feel of the early morning heat and humidity on my skin.  I don’t like it, but I give thanks for it. It reminds me of my working senses and that I am here to experience this heat wave. 

This balmy stretch is supposed to last for days, but sooner or later it’s likely a storm front will move through and bring in some cooler and drier air. Then, I can appreciate that and savor the feel of coolness on my skin. I look forward to that.

So today’s “Word for the Day” at www.gratefulness.org is fitting:

“When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the 
same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” 
(Haruki Murakami) 

As the storm of the COVID-19 pandemic impacts our communities, nation, and our world, how will we emerge collectively from this? That remains to be seen, but it clearly has forever changed our world and each of us in some ways already.

How about the personal storms we each face in our lives? I think about some of my toughest ones...

The wind and driving rain, the thunder and lightning of emotional pain, the changing temperature of my heart and soul have all made me into the person who is walking into today. This grateful person, fairly grounded and reasonable, ready to face a new day amid a storm of uncertainty.

Have a good day, storms and all. I will be taking a blog break into next week. Have a good 4th and stay safe! 



Comments