Clean Cycle

Today I am grateful for the practice of quieting my mind. A little quiet goes a long way. It is often fleeting, but fleeting is a start. A little reset goes a long way.

I had a good cry yesterday. My first one in quite awhile. Just like I am still learning to quiet my mind, I am also learning to release pain, fear, grief, worry through the cleansing action of a good cry. It's also likely that the hormonal roller coaster of peri-menopause primed the pump for some sobbing. However it got here, I am just glad it arrived and the tears flowed.

Cleansing tears. Good for the heart and soul, mind and body. Cleansing tears to release so many mixed emotions going on in my life regarding Sam heading off to college, a new school year around the corner and what that will look like with the pandemic, fears for loved ones, grief over what we can't do and the time we have lost away from family and friends, and more. 

I felt better after, and then did some cleaning tasks that needed to be done. I realized that our washing machine was probably well overdue for a cleansing cycle of its own. Owners are advised to run the clean cycle every month or so. Long overdue, the washing machine got a cleansing yesterday too. Just like me. 

Our washing machine and I are both running more smoothly today. 


Comments