Scattered

Today I am grateful for the work week winding down and the electricity that powered the coffee pot that made the coffee I am now enjoying.

I had another post I was working on for today, but I am feeling SCATTERED right now so I am going to riff on that instead.

It's not a mystery why I am feeling scattered. It's Friday of a full work week after having two weeks off for the holidays. Work always has me fairly worn out by the end of the week, and even more in these transition weeks.

My husband Darcy is out of town, traveling for work and to see family. Our routine here is different and a little more of the day-to-day running of a household has fallen to Sam and I. It adds a little more to my daily routine.

I don't sleep as well with Darcy gone, and I don't tend to be sleeping as well period these days. That is a mid-fifties peri-menopausal set of circumstances that I have to embrace as well as apply good self-care.

There are numerous writing ideas and projects flying around in my head and heart and not enough time in the day, nor enough energy, to give them each their due. I have three or four specific things I am working on in recent days and hope to get done over the weekend. Just breathe Lisa.

Feeling scattered doesn't derail me like it used to. I return to some mindful gratitude and prioritize.
And newer to my self-care is the idea of compassion for myself. What I do today is enough, and will be better at a sane pace. I have less to prove to myself and more to give to myself. Scattered energy can be gathered in just enough to settle me in to the moment and the one task at hand.

Just breathe Lisa. Just do the next right thing.

Comments