Water Towers with a Message

Today I am grateful for safe travels for my loved ones and I this weekend and for the joy of family celebrations to bring us together.  I appreciated time with dear friends to start the weekend and with dear family to finish it.

On my travels home yesterday, these two water towers got me to stop and take pictures. I drive through these two southeastern Minnesota towns on my way to and from my family in northeast Iowa. I stayed longer than my husband and son, so I was traveling home by myself.

As I drove through Harmony, I thought about how harmony is a goal to aspire to. It is my personal aspiration in my own heart and mind. It is what I wish to share and create with those I care about, though I know my words and actions aren't always harmonious. It is a good watch word.

And it is certainly a goal that I can strive for in my wider interactions at work, in my community, as a citizen of my nation and this planet. Harmony comes easier when we try easier.


A few miles down the road, I decided that Fountain's water tower was worthy of a picture and some thought energy. Am I a fountain of helping or hindering? Am I a fountain of love or selfishness? Am I a fountain of gratefulness or fear? Those are the questions that can guide me today.


My Higher Power and the awe of the natural world to me are constant sources, fountains, of help, love, and gratefulness. I just need to pause, pay attention, tune in. Like I tuned into the messages from these water towers I have passed dozens and dozens of times before. Life is like that. Tune in and listen "with the ears of our hearts" and we grow in energy and grace. 

Comments