Burst into NOW

Today I am grateful for precious memories and precious new moments that await. I am also grateful for new experiences.

It is a difficult time and I feel a vulnerability that I have not felt before. Yet, being vulnerable is a key to transformation. I can embrace the grief I feel while at the same time experience the joy of the love my family shares. I can cry tears of loss and sadness, while smiling at pictures that capture fond memories and healthy faces.

This could be a time prone to regretting the past or fearing the future too. Mixed emotions often lead to ruminating and then missing the present moment. So I appreciate these words from Brother David Steindl-Rast:

"At any moment the fully present mind can shatter time and burst into now." 

And I appreciated the rhythmic stride of our dog Oliver and the jingle-jangle of his collar and tags as we walked this morning. I love that dog and he loves my family and I unconditionally.

I gave thanks for the simple convenience and comfort of watching a pitcher fill with water as I prepared to make coffee this morning. 

NOW. Birds singing. Fountain flowing. Gentle breeze.

If I simply pause and pay attention, I will be given one beautiful burst after another. Start there.

I will be taking a blog break into next week.

As I close in on 2200 posts, there's plenty of reading material here. Or take a break from my writing and do some of your own :-)  Have a nice day and week. 

Comments