Harmonious Connections

Living gratefully today I appreciate citronella candles and yogurt. Simple.

I also appreciate completing nineteen years at my current school and the pleasant 8th grade graduation event last evening. So many students, parents, colleagues have touched and enriched my life in so many ways this year and every year.

In my heart and in my prayers today I am holding up many others. Those impacted by suicide, cancer, violence. Those facing health challenges and awaiting procedures and results. Not so simple.

I was thinking about one of the questions I posed in yesterday's post: Am I a fountain of gratefulness or fear? Both will flow, but which is stronger? If I face fear with faith, it is less paralyzing that way. Gratefulness is a catalyst. Profound.

Living gratefully yesterday, I looked for harmonious connections and I found some. I shared harmony with fellow drivers by following the rules of the road. Sharing harmony with nature is as easy as letting an insect do its job instead of squashing it, or sticking to the trail or sidewalk to help preserve grass and other plant life.

I can maintain a harmonious connection with my dying sister by holding her in my heart and through prayers, although phone calls are no longer feasible.

More profound meaning. That is what harmonious connections bring to a day. Go make some.



Comments