Kitchen Blessings

Living gratefully today, I am absorbing the idea that I already have enough and more. It starts in my home and builds from there.

Speaking of my home, although it isn't my dream house, I really appreciate so many things about it.
Our kitchen alone is loaded with blessings. The percolator that made my morning coffee. The refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, crock pot, favorite pots and pans all make meals easy to have on hand and prepare.  I could stop there, that is blessing enough.

But our kitchen also has a couple of pieces of artwork that are good reminders to me. One includes a nature scene and the word "peace." There is sometimes discord in our home--no one agrees 100% of the time. But peace abides here far more.

Another says "The only way to finish is to start." We got that as running motivation and inspiration, but it can be applied to much more than running. For instance, to finish my day well, it helps to start it well. I start it well when I give some focus and time to gratefulness.

The most important aspects of my home are those I share it with: my husband Darcy, our son Sam, and our dog Oliver.

Kitchen blessings. Daily blessings. Easy to find when looking for them.

Comments