Works in Progress

Today I am grateful for the father that my husband Darcy is to all three of his children. I am also grateful for fried eggs and toast.

We are all works in progress. Life is a work in progress. If we are fortunate enough, we realize both of these things before we have spent too many years trying too hard, working too hard, being too hard on ourselves.

We will never reach perfection. We aren't meant to. Sure, there may be moments of perfection, but I am talking about the unattainable and elusive perfection. It's elusive for a reason. We are all flawed humans doing the best we can with what we have on a daily basis. If we remember that about ourselves, we are more likely to remember that about others and be more forgiving all around.

Works in progress. Work. Progress. It takes effort and it takes time and sometimes we just get tired, we just don't have anything else to give. At other times though, the progress is almost palpable, the feeling of exhiliration intense. Those are the motivating, inspiring, energizing times that keep us moving forward.

Looking for gratitude each day is also a work in progress, but allows both the work and the progress in all areas of one's life to be noticed and appreciated. I wasn't always able to say this, but now I can: I am proud of the work in progress I am today. I hope you feel the same way about yourself. As always, apply some gratitude and the view gets better.

Comments

  1. I love a fried egg sandwich! With ketchup and the yolks still soft. Thanks for sharing your ongoing gratitude. You're right, life is a journey and takes work to keep making progress. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fried eggs and toast have been a dietary staple for me my whole life.
      I prefer over easy and no ketchup. The beauty of life is that there is joy in the work of each day if I see it for the opportunity it is. I wish you well in your post-cancer treatment recovery as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment