Windows Open!

Today I am grateful for my working senses and the enjoyment of having windows open on a very pleasant day.

If you live anywhere similar to where I do-where the winters can tend to be too long and too cold-you appreciate that first day in the early spring when it hits the sixties. The car windows are down. The house windows are open. People are out and about with their pets, their bikes, their kids in strollers.

It's a great feeling. It is most appreciated when it isn't something that tends to be the norm most months out of the year. It will be too hot before long too. Don't get me wrong. There are things I love about each season, but I am usually ready for the next one to come along when it does. And the older I get the less I care for the extremes.

My working senses enjoyed the sights, sounds, and smells of that beautiful day yesterday, of the car radio turned up as the breeze went through my car. My working soul and spirit appreciated the deeper feeling of being alive and of the frozen earth coming back to life as well.

I continue to consider the sad early death of Lisa Bonchek Adams and many others from cancer.

I consider new life as our family awaits the arrival of my stepdaughter Emily's baby any day now.

Life is precious. Life is fragile. Open the windows when you can!

Comments