Counting Blessings, Making Blessings Count

Today I am grateful for the headway I have made on various work projects this week. I am also grateful for our local ice cream shop.

My gratitude journal had this quote in it yesterday:

"We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count."
(Neal A. Maxwell)

Today that is telling me to not only appreciate all the gifts in my life, but to also take good care of them. I can care for things by using them properly, cleaning them when needed, handling them gently. I can care for relationships by showing my love and support, by being a good listener, by spending time with someone, by being more considerate and less selfish, by being quiet when angry or frustrated, and by letting them be themselves.

It is also telling me to put my blessings to good use. I have motivation and inspiration to write, so I write and share. I have a firm belief in the benefits of the practice of gratitude, so I practice and I pass it on. I have wonderful family and friends, so I reach out, I keep others in my thoughts and prayers, I make time to keep in touch.

Recognizing my blessings is a great starting point, because it slows me down, gets me out of my own little head, and energizes me to make a difference in this day. Onward!

Comments