Surrounded

Today I am grateful for time with my sister Aileen and her husband John, and for a nice walk in the heat and humidity this morning. It is a typical July day, to be accepted and appreciated.

The word "surrounded" came to mind yesterday and I started pondering what I am surrounded by, to name a few:

*stifling heat and humidity that make me appreciate the cold winter days that will return and that I know is helping the crops catch up after a late spring
*air-conditioned coolness that envelopes me when I step in from the outdoors
*cleansing water in the shower
*the early morning daybreak and late evening twilight
*love and support from family and friends
*the presence of my Higher Power when I keep an open mind
*the sense of calm and acceptance that come with an attitude of gratitude

Today's quote in my gratitude journal is:

"The little things are what life is all about. Search your soul and learn to appreciate."
(Shadi Souferian)

Bottom line: I am surrounded by the little things that provide me all I need for this moment, this day. I am surrounded by teachers of all kinds, who also help me through each day. As long as I keep practicing gratitude, the world surrounding me looks rich and full.


Comments