A Luscious Breeze

Today I am grateful for letters received and letters written. I am also grateful for cooler, less humid weather.

A cooler breeze, from the northwest, was most welcome when it arrived yesterday. After several days of truly sweltering heat and humidity, it brought a lovely reprieve. And yes, it's not the heat as much as it is the humidity, so I was waiting for this sweet breeze to usher out the dew points in the 70's and usher in open windows and fresh air. It's the type of breeze I like to call luscious-richly pleasing to the senses.

Sure, we always find something to complain about regarding the weather. I try to take it in stride and I do appreciate that I live where we have four different seasons. There are things about each season that I can be grateful for. In the summer, a cool breeze after a heat wave is one of those things.

I would like to think that those of us who live in places that can have a heat index well over 100 degrees in the summer and wind chills well below zero in the winter are a hearty group. We can handle both extremes. Not without complaint of course-but that helps us through.

I'll take this luscious breeze just like I will take the first warm breeze of spring. As the saying goes, if you don't like the weather, just stick around.

Today I am grateful for our weather. Tough days always give way to beautiful days.

Comments