"Voices of Hope" Revisited (And Winter Too)

Today I am grateful for my physical capabilities which allow me to do things like shovel snow and walk our dog. I am also grateful for a chance to revisit the "Voices of Hope" DVD project.

I want to thank my blogosphere friend Nancy for her wonderful post last week about "Voices of Hope" on her blog "Nancy's Point." Check it out here.  Also check out my post from last October when the second DVD "Family and Friends" premiered. You can find that post right here. I continue to be both humbled and proud to be part of this project. There will soon be a website for VOH. I will let you know when it goes live.

My own cancer experiences, my concerns for others, my frustration about "pink ribbon fatigue" and so much more about the realm of cancer are never too far from my mind. I don't want to forget how fortunate I am to have my health, and to not take it for granted. I don't want to forget that there is still much work to be done.

Thank you Nancy for the work that you do to educate and empower others.

Not only am I revisiting the "Voices of Hope" DVD project this morning, our part of the country is revisiting winter as well. A huge storm is impacting a large part of the midsection of the country.We got a couple inches of heavy, wet snow overnight that is just a prelude to the main part of the storm which is expected later today into tomorrow. I am looking for gratitude in this and what I see is what I already mentioned above: that I can shovel. And the beauty of the trees with the new snowfall clinging to them. Beyond that, winter has me tapped out this year. More on that tomorrow.



Comments