Precarious or Perseverant?

Precarious or Perseverant?


balancing act 

day in and day out 

teetering on the

brink of collapse?


or surrendering self 

trusting Nature 

going about the rich

tasks and joys of life?


11/5/21 LV



The picture inspired the poem. My life experience influences the composing and the deeper meaning.  

My friend and colleague Judy and I were taking a walk near our school yesterday afternoon to break up a longer work day. It was a pleasant afternoon and we appreciated the fresh air and conversation.

This tree limb hanging from utility wires caught my eye. It looks rather unstable hanging there, but is it? Does it care or is it just enjoying the opportunity? It let Nature take it where it would. 

On the days I feel unstable, I have usually contributed to my state of mind and heart. Do I care too much about too many things when I get to this point?  Probably. Only when I surrender can I feel free, even if I am still fragile. Life is precious and fragile and so are each of us. 

This lofty and light limb gave me some good reminders yesterday. Reminders I can benefit from each day. 
Overdoing and overthinking often come with underappreciating and inattention. Fears of many kinds leave me precarious. Faith and fortitude help me persevere and revere the day at hand. 

Comments