In Perfect Measure

Living gratefully today, I appreciate unexpected family time  and the anticipation of seeing extended family. 

Yesterday morning I was filling a water bottle from the pitcher we keep in the fridge. There was just enough water left in the pitcher to fill the bottle right to the top. 

In perfect measure. 

I carried that thought with me throughout the day. Not perfect, rather getting what we need in perfect measure to live our imperfect, sometimes messy, but still beautiful and bountiful days. 

Perfect measure of roadway, shared with other vehicles, got me safely to work. Perfect measures of air to breathe, gravity to offer stability. 

Perfect measures of surrender and acceptance to balance out the push and pull of expectations and responsibilities. 

Not perfect in that it went just the way I wanted, rather that it went just the way life was meant to go in that moment. 

Comments