A November Rainbow


A late November rainbow is a random and fairly rare event. I captured the photo above, and the two below, yesterday afternoon as I stepped out of PIVO Brewery and Blepta Studios in Calmar, Iowa. It was November 27, 2021 at 12:37 p.m. CST. That's my shadow in the bottom center of the photo.  

I wasn't expecting a rainbow. There were just a few sprinkles, and as you can see, there was plenty of blue sky too. I took it in and felt it worthy of some photos. I sometimes get caught up in the photos and miss the experience. I tried to capture both yesterday. Others stepped out and exclaimed their surprise as well. 




Within minutes, the rainbow was gone. A little while later, I hit the road to head home again. It has been a gratifying and full week of time spent with loved ones and plenty of road miles. Sometimes it all feels so fleeting, like this rainbow. 

Today I carry this thought with me: Life is precious and fragile. Let's treat it, ourselves, and others, with gentle compassion in the hours ahead. That's all. 

Comments