A Few Details and One Haiku: Noosa's Finest Yoghurt

Today I am grateful for time to rest, relax, read. I appreciate my current view: sunlight streaming through tree leaves and branches, then playing off the dew-laden grass.

The little details of a moment make it richer, anchor me to the here and now more securely. 

So when I noticed this detail on the Noosa yoghurt carton I was eating from, it caught my attention and brought a smile:


There's plenty of creative packaging out there, but I hadn't noticed anything like this before. Curious about the makers of this yoghurt, which I find quite tasty and enjoyable, I did a little research.  The company was started by Australia native Koel Thomae and fourth generation Colorado dairy farmer Rob Graves. 

The idea was inspired by the yoghurt Thomae enjoyed while visiting back in Australia, near the beach town of Noosa. The first tubs hit the farmer's market circuit in 2010, and the company grew quickly from there. It is headquartered in Bellvue, Colorado, not far from my family also living near the foothills of the Rockies. They are clearly a company with an environmental conscience and a sense of humor. Read more here

Back to those details. The first ingredient is pasteurized whole milk. I had that fresh most mornings on the small dairy farm I grew up on in northeast Iowa. Fresh from the cows being milked less than 100 yards away. Freshly pasteurized and warm on my cereal. The details in this picture of rhubarb and strawberry also take me back to the rhubarb and strawberry patches of my youth. More smiles and happy sentiments. 


The combination of eating enjoyment, fun research, and wistful reminiscing led to this closing haiku:

Noosa Finest Yoghurt

decadently sweet
delightfully smooth, creamy
delicious dairy

Lisa Valentine  9/6/21

Thank you Noosa makers!  
Thank you Maker too, for showing me the wonder and beauty in simple details. 

Comments