Wind and Waters

Today I am grateful for chattering and scurrying squirrels and the many other connections I feel to the natural world as I sit on our back patio. I give thanks for the pleasant morning walk my husband Darcy and I took too. 

The natural world. Always transforming, patient and intuitive. I like to absorb that energy and use it in my own life. Patient and intuitive. It takes more work for me than it does for Nature, but does it need to? 

I am a slow learner, but this is a lesson and a discipline worth learning. I have made regular meditation a part of my mornings consistently now since 2021 got underway. I look forward to it; just like I look forward to writing and running. Benefits are reaped. Slow and steady. More will be revealed. 

From my childhood days on the farm, I have always treasured time outside. I need it like I need air to breathe. The two go hand in hand nicely. I love the familiar, like my backyard right now. And I love new places and new scenery. 

This amateur video compilation was created by me from three video clips I took throughout the day last Thursday. The first and last clips are the rolling waters in Green Bay, in the morning and evening. The middle clip shows the waters of Lake Michigan.  

The wind can be heard as much as the water at times. Listen for the gulls in the last clip. The wind cancelled a boat tour we had planned for the day, but we were able to reschedule to Friday, a picture-perfect day.  By evening, there was a chilly breeze coming off the bay. I relished that as well. We got out the long sleeves we had packed and enjoyed a warm cup of coffee.


I love Nature. Even in rocky times, especially in rocky times, I find solace in being outdoors. It is a humbling perspective that helps get me out of myself. Like the blue sky in yesterday's post, all of Nature is a steadfast source of faith for me. 

What have wind and waters taught you lately? 


Comments