Head in the Clouds

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the cool air and the need for long pants and shirt as I sit outside. I love the cozy feeling after months of heat and humidity. I am also grateful for clouds and their wisdom when I take the time to notice. 

As I dove into the "Nourishing Our Nature" practice through A Network for Grateful Living
the second day's practice was titled "Lose Yourself in the Clouds." It included Gavin Pretor-Pinney's TED Talk "Cloudy with a chance of joy" It is a delightful look at clouds and what they bring to our lives. I tend to pay attention to the sky daily, as a clue to weather and a source of light. Also as a source of faith and spiritual energy.

But if you are like me, it is often a quick glance or short pause. I don't usually take the time to find a comfortable spot and just do some cloud-gazing for a few moments. Pretor-Pinney reminds us all that even though they can have negative connotations, there's a reason we all recall finding fun shapes and animals and such in the clouds of our youth, often laying on a bed of grass. 

Consider these words from his talk: 

"Clouds are not something to moan about. Far from it. They are, in fact, the most diverse, 
evocative, poetic aspect of nature. I think, if you live with your head in the clouds every now and then, 
it helps you keep your feet on the ground." 

Beautiful words and a healthy challenge for us all to get our heads in the clouds more. Here are a couple pictures I took the other day, mindfully pausing to see what the clouds had in store for my mind and heart:

                                         


The first picture has a wispy and calming effect. The second tells me of life's emotional layers; all necessary for feeling and living fully.  Go get your heads in the clouds a little. What do you see and feel? Add some pictures here if you are so moved. Today's forecast: cloudy with a chance of awe and inspiration. 

Comments