Make Room

"Our actions entrench the power of the light on this planet. 
Every positive thought we pass between us makes room for more light.”

John Lewis

Make room. For kindness, flexibility, tolerance. Make room and take time to care for Nature and all of our natural resources. I am sitting on our covered patio on a rainy morning complete with some thunder and lightning. Droughts and torrential rains aren't new, but the depth and breadth of them grow more ominous each year. The thunder is telling us to wake up. Wake up humans, before it is too late.

So I do what I can to care for all of Creation. I could do more, but I won't ever give up and say it is someone else's problem or that my little contribution won't matter. It does and it will! 

It starts by appreciating what Nature shows us. Last evening, this is what it showed me. Grass waving in a cooler breeze and evening light.


This morning, this same grass is heavy with rain and reflecting a different light: 


It makes room for whatever condition the weather presents. It is flexible, yet firm. Tenuous, but also tenacious. If I take those qualities into my day, my interactions, human and non-human, will be more positive, make way for more light. It may not be much, but it sure as heck is something. 


Comments