Stay Here

Today I am grateful for a nice morning hello from my friend and neighbor Anne, and for our daughter-in-law Alyssa. Happy Birthday Alyssa!

I head into another busy work week today.  This time in a school year is always a grind, and this year there are layers of exhaustion and low levels of stress and anxiety that have accumulated more than usual in this time of COVID. 

The month of May is underway, and we have a few things on the calendar already. They are good things, signs of life getting back to a little more normal. Prone to getting ahead of myself, overthinking, and overdoing; it is especially helpful and healthy for me to slow down and focus on the present. I can more fully appreciate the happenings of today for what they are--gifts and opportunities.

I paused the other day to capture this blossom on camera. I paused a different day to write this poem. Together, they can remind us all to stay right here, right now. Do the next thing, pay attention, take notice. Have a good day!



Comments