Side by Side, By the Fireside

Today I am grateful for a good run on a nice fall day yesterday, the start of colors changing on the trees and vegetation, and for the other recovering people I know and what they bring to my life.

I am also very appreciative of the time I spent with my husband Darcy and son Sam sitting on our back patio last evening enjoying the fire in our fire pit and sharing conversation and pizza.  Darcy and Sam were out there for a while before I was too, having the chance to talk, just the two of them.

It was all a treat. I enjoy the relaxing nature of watching the fire burn and the flames dance around. It was a cloudy and cool evening, the best kind for a fire. Having the time together, the three of us, to talk about some current events and also to talk about our own lives, is something we do in snippets throughout our days.

It was nice yesterday to have a chunk of time together, no hurry, phones out of sight for a time, and to just enjoy one another's company and the random topics that came up. Sam is an introspective young man, sometimes in ways that surprise me.

Then we enjoyed some pizza together by the fire too, and eventually headed back to our own tasks and devices. I took a picture of the fire, and a short video too. Not for the intent of posting it somewhere, but for the intent of watching it and recalling the calming nature of the fire and the treasure of the time together.

Side by side, by the fireside. Relaxing in more ways than one, and a blessing in many ways too.

Comments