The Next Generation of Catch

Today I am grateful for a relaxing holiday, a couple pleasant phone conversations, and for time with our grandson Leo and his mom Emily.

Just the other day, as I picked up a bunch of sticks and branches after a strong wind moved through, I moved around our backyard. I started thinking about the many times my son Sam and I played catch in that backyard; football, baseball, frisbee.

Now that he is 16, those games of catch are mostly a thing of the past. Playing catch is a fond memory that runs through my life, from my own childhood, to now.

So I appreciated last evening when Sam and Leo were tossing the ball around:


The next generation enjoying a little catch. Life's simple joys. Shared together and appreciated. 

Let's all look for simple joys in our lives today. 

Comments