Boundless Curiosity

Today I am grateful for safe travels and family time this weekend. I am also grateful for cooler and less humid air to enjoy.

It’s a joy to spend time with each of our grandsons. Aaron and his parents Arthur and Alyssa live over four hours away, so weeks go by between visits. We see videos and FaceTime with them, but you can’t beat being together. He is almost 11 months old and at what I consider a very fun age. He is crawling, pulling himself up, full of energy and boundless curiosity.

There is never a dull moment in Aaron's world. He can be having good fun with plastic cups and cardboard tubes, enjoying his meal, making faces, listening to a book, taking off at a fast crawl for the next thing that has grabbed his attention. He loves going for walks too, and Darcy and I appreciated taking him for several this weekend.

Boundless curiosity. A smile for the cat. Surprise at the noise he just made himself. A reminder to the sometimes cynical and jaded adults blessed to be around him. Pay attention to me, pay attention to the awe that is in this moment. 

Speaking of those faces, here he is in the car, about ready to crack a smile for grandma, and then that smile, one we saw a lot of this weekend, lighting up his face. 



What would my day be like if I applied some boundless curiosity to it?  Even for a moment here and there?  I think it would be a good day, a better day than if I hadn't taken time to pause. Thanks for the reminders Aaron, and thanks to you and your parents for a really pleasant weekend!

Comments

  1. I love the idea of boundless curiosity Lisa. And children do it so well. Warmly, Meryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment