The Storms of Winter

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy and for raspberries and oatmeal.

Yesterday we got to experience one of my favorite weather events--a snowstorm.  I don't like driving in them, but I like walking and shoveling out in them. And I like checking the forecast and the list of cancellations and late starts. I am still like a kid that way--hoping for a snow day.

Sam's school closed for the day and I decided to stay home as well. My school ended up closing early too. By the afternoon we already had several inches on the ground and then it snowed harder than I have seen it snow in a long time. We were getting a couple of inches an hour for a time. We probably ended up with a foot or so.

It is a reminder of both the power and the beauty of nature. Here are a couple of pictures I took just outside of our house. Winter wonderland indeed!

    

And reminders of how fortunate I am to be able to walk and to shovel. It was a heavy and wet snow, tougher to shovel in ways, but easier in others. Sam and Darcy helped out some too. I joined Darcy for a trip he needed to make to the Post Office for work, and it was clear just how treacherous it was to be driving.

A final reminder from this weather event is that there is a force, a power far beyond human that is at work in and around all of us. Mother Nature is humbling and awe-inspiring, and even a bit scary at times.

I am safe and sound this morning as I get ready to bundle up and do some more shoveling. Have a good day, wherever you may be and whatever the weather is dishing out for you.

Comments