In a Moment or Two

Today I am grateful for the understanding of technology use that I have today.  It is still limited, but it is growing. I am also grateful for my five senses and that they are all in working order.

In the next hours after writing yesterday’s post, and closing with these words "Fully experience today. See what you notice in this next moment, then the next," I intentionally made note of some moments I would typically just let cruise right on by. It takes intention and pauses to fully experience a moment.

Here are some of the things I fully experienced:

-the satisfaction of the quick fix of a loose knob on a door I use often (just took a little tightening by hand and it was once again securely in place)

-the feel of warm water running over my head and neck in the shower

-the simple pleasure and feeling of running a brush through my freshly-shampooed hair

-savoring the taste of a green apple and the crunch of celery

-the satisfaction of putting a box of pictures away after finishing filing them

-watching and listening to one of our humidifiers filling up with water

-enjoying a few seconds of the words and music of a good song on the car radio

No big deals. No significant events. Until I start to break any one of these down into the parts I can be grateful for. Take apples and celery for instance. Money to buy them at the store. Hands to wash and slice them. Teeth to chew them. Taste buds to help savor each one's uniqueness.

That simple act of savoring some whole fruits and vegetables all of a sudden becomes a big deal and has significance.  That's where living gratefully can bring me. More fully present to and appreciative of the little gifts that fill my days.

It's a good start on a better perspective to my day anyway. 

Comments

Post a Comment