The Enormity of Our Spiritual Existence

Today I am grateful for family and friends in my life and the love we share. I am also grateful for
an ever-evolving spiritual existence.

As I continue to ponder the idea of life's enormity, our souls and our spiritual existence come to mind. Trying to exist productively on this earthly plane seems a real challenge at times. This physical existence is made easier and more meaningful if I have some sense of mental and emotional balance as well. Health is far more than a physical aspect.

And the three realms of physical, mental, and emotional health are more strongly connected, more vibrant overall, when I work to engage the fourth realm of wellness-the realm of our spiritual existence. In ways it takes work. In other ways it only takes faith, willingness, and paying attention.

As a human, a physical being taking up a small portion of space on this planet, I am really pretty inconsequential, anything but enormous. Yet, as a spiritual being, I know no bounds. It's a bit of a lofty thought isn't it?

Yet, when I keep an open mind, heart, and soul, I get moments of clarity that are amazing. Coincidences aren't really all that coincidental when there is faith in a spiritual existence.

Here is my next thought: The Great Spirit coordinates an awesome army of souls, some earthly, some beyond. I am one of those souls and I am helped by the others in many ways, big and small.

I certainly try not to harm others physically or emotionally.  I try to take care of myself in the same ways, but sometimes push too much physically and beat myself up emotionally.

Less obvious may be ways I harm others or myself mentally or spiritually. Let's honor our own and others' spiritual existence today. Love and tolerance seem like good starting points.

Comments