Some Time to Savor

Today I am grateful for beautiful weather that made yard work enjoyable yesterday. I am also grateful for the various conversations I had with friends and family.

Darcy and I both successfully completed the Twin Cities Marathon on Sunday, October 1, 2017. Then, after literally hitting the ground running for 26. 2 miles, we figuratively hit the ground running in our lives over the next weeks. Football games. Weekend travels. Work demands. A chipped tooth.
A new computer system. A school field trip. A lot of busyness and a different kind of running.

Frankly, I was resentful that the pace of our lives wasn't allowing us to relish in and savor the pace of our marathon and the exhilaration and satisfaction that come with reaching a goal we worked months to achieve.

Then, this week pictures taken along the marathon course showed up in our email and we purchased a  couple pictures of each of us to download. Here are mine:


They arrived at the same time that some relief from all of the demands in our busy days also subsided a bit. Big work commitments done for now. Family and work travels brought us safely back home. 

So I am doing some post-marathon savoring that I had to put on hold. The pictures bring back the memories and the emotions. The hill I was climbing somewhere in the last miles. The fist pump that I felt from head to toe as I crossed the finish line, exhausted but full of gratitude. 

Gratitude for my physical capabilities. Gratitude for those who supported me along the route, both familiar faces and random spectators. Gratitude for Darcy's health after a setback last year. 

Gratefulness in the profound reminder that every step counts, that each moment is a gift. 

I will be back early next week, writing away, after taking a break over the weekend. Go do some 
savoring yourselves. 

Comments

  1. yep, I like the fist pump pix on the finish line. many meanings in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment