Pondering Life

Today I am grateful for time with our grandson Aaron and his parents Arthur and Alyssa. I am also grateful for safe travels to and from that visit and vehicles in good working order.

Aaron is almost two months old now and is thriving. I hadn't seen him since he was just days old, and the changes are significant. Infants grow and learn so much in these early weeks and months. He is able to hold his head up some on his own, he eats well and knows how to let his parents know when he is hungry or needs a diaper change.

And he is ever observant. When he isn't sleeping, he is taking in his surroundings. The faces of people caring for him and loving him. The colors and sounds going on around him. The shapes and designs of toys and little animals dangling from his playmat. He kicks his arms and legs and never stops taking in his environment.

This picture captures the little observer and ponderer that he is:


Though he can't yet tell us with words what is on his mind, his facial expressions and the sounds he emits can tell us all we need to know.  And one thing he always tells me when I spend time with him is how amazing this world around us really is. Pause. Stop. Pay attention. Listen. Notice.

When I do those things, like Aaron, I notice so much more. The gratefulness finds me. I don't need to go looking for it. I just need to observe, ponder, and pass it on. Thanks again for this important lesson Aaron. You are a good teacher.

Comments