Connections-in-Goodness

Today I am grateful for laughter shared with my husband Darcy. I am also grateful for the gift of recovery today. It is a gift available to me if I take simple actions and seek help beyond myself.

I am thinking especially today of two people who died in recent days because of their addictions. Thoughts and prayers to their families and friends.

Like recovery fuels me each day I seek it, this quote fueled me yesterday:

"Recipients of our appreciation are apt to express their own gratitude to others, lengthening the unending, golden chain of connections-in-goodness that stretches across the world." 
(Mary Ford-Grabowsky)

Beautiful and true words. Gratitude shared is gratitude multiplied. I carried this with me yesterday and noticed a few things.

*I had dropped some earrings the other day and thought I had retrieved them all. But the pair I wanted to wear was missing one. I looked again in the area, and then saw it, caught on a part of our bed frame. Quickly found. The words "Seek and you shall find" came to mind. That is true of gratitude as well as faith in a power beyond ourselves.

*The simple nature of a smile and a hello cannot be underestimated. I sometimes started it, as I often do as I am moving through the halls at the school I work at. But others started it as well, and most reciprocated. Smiles are indeed contagious.

*I was touched, and fully appreciated, the show of compassion I saw among my co-workers as they worked to support our student population.

*Though I have heard her say it many times, I especially heard my co-worker Becky say what she always says to her students as they depart: "Make good choices, do good things." 

That's a good plan for today. Thanks Becky and many others for adding to the golden chain of connections-in-goodness. 

Comments

  1. Yesterday at Gundersen Clinic, I made it my plan to smile at everyone. I did and believe me since we were there all day, there were plenty who were the recipient of my smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget that we are also the recipients of our own smiles :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment