Hormonal Imbalances

Today I am grateful for morning quiet and coffee. I am also grateful for the reminders of life's precious and fragile nature.

So....from time to time I may mention menopausal symptoms and hormones that feel a bit out of whack at the least, and raging at the most. I searched and had actually only used those words in six of my 1700 + posts. I had expected that number to be more.

My husband Darcy and some of my sisters and friends have certainly heard it more than six times in the last few years. My body and I discuss it with one another regularly. We don't always know what to make of it and we don't always see it eye to eye.

Sparing you all the details, suffice it to say that my early 50's have brought a new level of hormones that are anything but level. Sleep disruptions, irregular periods, fluctuations in emotions that can be wide and change quickly, joint stiffness, muscle aches. These are some of the highlights of this time in my life.

But I can certainly still find gratefulness in this. I am grateful that this change is happening naturally for me, not medically or surgically induced like it has been for many women I know. I am grateful that it brings perspective as well. Is it fun? No. Is it manageable? Yes.

Life has many imbalances. Hormonal ones are just part of the deal. Life is also full of things that help keep me balanced. Starting my day composing these posts is one source of balance for me. Thanks for being out there to receive and read my efforts. Have a good day!

Comments

Post a Comment