Relatives and Friends

Today I am grateful for safe travels and time with family.

A special thank you today, on Veterans Day, to all of those who have served our country in both times of war and peacetime.

Our niece Linley and her new husband Jess had a beautiful day on Saturday. From the weather, to the ceremony, to the celebration that followed, it was a lovely and loving wedding day.

I saw many in my large and growing family that I wrote about last week. It was also nice to see my friend Beth and friends of my siblings that I have known over the years.

The wedding and celebration were full of relatives. Both sides of Linley's family are big. Jess' family is much smaller, but they sure are friendly and welcoming.

Relatives and friends. Blessings and memories. Here is a picture of 9 of my siblings and I with our mom at the wedding:



Our three sisters who weren't able to make it were with us in thought and spirit. A week that began with such sadness with the death of our brother-in-law Roger, ended with the joy that tends to surround weddings. But Danita was never far from my thoughts and prayers. 

Relatives and friends. Together through it all.

Comments