Drained and Discouraged

Today I am grateful for positive thoughts and new energy to face the day ahead. I am also grateful for laughter, courtesy of a couple episodes of "The Big Bang Theory."

I began this post late yesterday afternoon after a draining and discouraging day of work. Writing as an outlet. The story of my life. Helping me write my way to a healthier place.

The blessing of being in a profession like school counselor for a few years (this is year #18 for me) is that you know some days will be like this. That is also the curse.

Even though you know tougher days are part of the deal, they still are tough. A comment here. A situation there. A meeting here. Another meeting there. Another comment. Another situation.

I put the work day behind me and had a more relaxing evening. Drained and discouraged were put to bed. Today is indeed a new day. 

Comments