Acadia: A God-given Peaceful Place

Today I am grateful for my dad, the life he lived, and the example he set. I am also grateful for ears that hear.

Dad died seventeen years ago today. It was a Friday morning. I am thinking of him now and the many ways he blessed many people's lives.

I wrote about our Acadia National Park tour guide Roger yesterday. He had plenty of interesting historical tidbits and I always enjoy that. One thing he mentioned is that the meaning of Acadia is "a God-given peaceful place."  A God-given peaceful place:


I do believe it fits. I took the picture above near Thunder Hole in the park. The one below was from the top of Cadillac Mountain:


Neither Darcy nor I would have been comfortable driving to this high point. Thank you to Roger for getting us there and back.

Acadia National Park is stunningly beautiful. I am so grateful we got to visit. But I need God-given peaceful places I can visit more often. Right now I am sitting on our front porch in the early morning chill and enjoying the fresh air and the sound of our fountain and a light breeze.

This porch is one of my God-given peaceful places.  Where are yours? Go there often.

Comments